Choosing your VoIP system
12th August 2020
VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, is a technology that allows you to make voice calls using a broadband connection instead of a regular phone line.
Over the years, many businesses have chosen to move over to VoIP due to its reliability and cost-effectiveness. Other key benefits of using VoIP are:
- Great for multiple calls
- Accessible when you are on the go
- The option to make international calls at no extra cost
- Better quality calls
Interested? Here are some of the most important points to look out for when investing in a VoIP system:
- Check that the broadband bandwidth is sufficient. Ideally 5 – 100 Kbps per concurrent VoIP call is recommended. (But bear in mind, the more you use your internet for browsing, the less bandwidth that is available for VoIP calls. Meaning the bigger the bandwidth the better!)
- Decide whether desk phones or portable ones are best suited to your business.
- Ensure that the number of minutes included within the package offered is suitable in order to cover the call levels and avoid any overspend.
- Consider what add-ons you would like included within your phone system. This could be voicemail, fax-to-email, hold music, access to a mobile app or auto attendant plus much more.
Why you should choose Challenger’s VoIP Packages
Challenger Business Communications Ltd run one of the global leaders in hosted service provider platforms, who are an industry leader in Unified Communications.
With our VoIP package your business can get full access to new apps and features regularly released on our secure, cloud platform, meaning you can enhance business productivity from multiple vendors on all device types. We host the widest array of features supported on the market today – HD Voice, Video, Mobile, Presence & IM and Collaboration. Plus, with Cloud Queuing you will never miss a call, even at your busiest times.
Our VoIP system is reliable and secure due to our huge technology platform engineered to support thousands of businesses simultaneously. There are no on-site PBX or servers needed to support and no single points of failure, meaning you can rest easy knowing there are no support nightmares. Future service improvements and features are easy to integrate meaning there is little to no potential obsolescence. And if disaster does strike, we have your back with automated, cascading DR options for incoming traffic so you can keep your business running.
With our packages you aren’t locked in with your vendor. You are provided with SIP based phones that can be reused if you decide to change systems, which means you are fully future-proofed. Your Uboss portal provides on-demand access to services and billing which means you have real-time management over changes, additions and service configuration. Plus, you can easily scale your package up or down, as you need, by adding or removing services as required and only pay for what you consume. This can be done per user as you don’t need to upgrade all packages, just increase the ones you need – we can make it bespoke to your requirements.