Challenger Device Repair Terms
Preparing Devices for Shipment to the Repair Centre
- Back up your data – Due to GDPR regulations, the repair centre must erase all customer data from the devices received.
- Remove SD and SIM cards, due to GDPR regulations, in the instance that the repair centre receive SD or SIM cards they will be destroyed.
- All devices will be returned in their default factory settings and updated to the latest software version where supported or possible.
- Remove all accessories including cases, screen protectors, original boxes, headphones, cables, and chargers. The repair centre cannot guarantee these will be returned with the device.
- Unenroll from any Mobile Device Management platform
To help the repair centre identify your device, your RMA/Unique Reference must be included within the packaging – this will be provided by Challenger once the repair has been authorised.
Where a device is repaired within the manufacturers warranty period, we will reinstate the remaining balance of the warranty. If a device is out of warranty, we add 90 days warranty for the parts the repair centre replace.
Quotations will be issued where a device is deemed out of manufacturers warranty, we allow up to 7 days for you to accept or decline the cost, if after 7 days we do not receive a response, we treat the case as a refused quote and return the device.
- Inspection Fee – £18.00+vat – These are levied where a device has required engineer intervention and ultimately a repair has not been carried out. This includes and are not limited to: Refused quotes, Beryond Economical Repair & No Fault Found. If a quotation is not accepted, we charge for the time it took to open and inspect your device. If we do not receive a response to a quotation after 7 days from the date the quotation was sent, we treat this as a quote refusal and return the device.
- Handling Fee – £7.20+vat – Handling fee is applied for any device that is booked into our system, but the repair is cancelled by the customer prior to the device being inspected by a technician.
- Software Update – £47.00+vat – If faults are rectified by updating software and not changing any components within a device .
- Blacklisted Device – £18.00+vat – If a device is reported lost or stolen, we are unable to process the device, we will advise that the device is blacklisted and allow 7 days for it to be removed. After this period, we will cancel the repair and return the device.
- MDM Locked Devices – £18.00+vat / £36.00+vat – If a device is received with Mobile Device Management (MDM) software installed and we find this before the device is repaired, we will advise that the device is MDM locked and allow 7 days for it to be removed. After this period, if the MDM has not been removed, we will cancel the repair and return the device with the MDM software still present charging £15.00. In the case that we can only find a device is MDM locked after it has been repaired, due to it not powering on pre repair, we will give you 7 days to remove the MDM lock and if not removed after this time, we will remove the new parts and reassemble with the original faulty parts and charge £30.00.
- Google Account Lock/PIN Lock Removal – £24.00+vat – If a device is faulty due to Google account or Pin lock only, you must provide proof of ownership for us to provide this service. We ask that you send this via email prior to the device being received, to avoid delays. If no proof of ownership is received within 7 days of receipt of the device, the repair will be cancelled and returned to the customer, in this instance a charge of £15.00 will be applied to cover administration and handling time.